We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide technical and thought leadership to all aspects of Windows operations in physical and virtual environments, including development of standards and practices, systems engineering, functional design and implementation, and development of junior staff.
This position will focus on Windows Platform Engineering in aspects of file and print services. The ideal candidate will add to the continual improvement in processes, people, technology and lead in the design, implementation, and maintenance of all Windows infrastructure for a 24x7 production environment.
- Provide NetApp CIFS services Engineering and Administration (NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP 8+),
- Responsible for Engineering and operational oversight of Windows Print services, maintaining a highly resilient and robust infrastructure (ex. Equitrac)
- Maintenance and support of MS DFS infrastructure
- Responsible for stability of server based systems (Windows Server 2008 +), troubleshooting 3rd level issues (performance)
- Support public and private cloud activities (Azure OneDrive, etc.)
- Provide automation expertise (PowerShell) required for process improvement
- Support CIFS to NFS protocol gateways
- Collaborates with business, information security, database and application development teams to define and design scope for each project
- Works closely with Architecture and other teams on design and engineering of new solutions
- Develops and maintains system and project documentation including progress reports of the environment and systems
- Delivers support/ engineering which includes design, system upgrades, maintenance and enhancements, new implementations and solutions, root cause analysis and resolving performance issues
- May perform configuration, management and maintenance tasks for the following: Microsoft Windows Server platform, Active Directory, IIS, Microsoft Clustering as well as virtualization technologies.
- Expert in Microsoft File and Print Services
- Expert in Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Excellent and proven overall knowledge working with Netapp (Data ONTAP environments).
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server platform (configuration, security, debugging crashes or poor performance, understanding of core operating system constructs such as memory, processor and I/O - disk and network)
- Expert in Microsoft Clustering
- Proven professional experience with Virtualization (VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Proven professional experience and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Good overall knowledge of Microsoft System Center Suite 2012 (SCCM, SCOM)
- Proven professional experience with scripting (Microsoft PowerShell ideally)
- Defining and documenting processes and procedures
- Development and training of junior staff
- Acting as a catalyst for change and driving innovation throughout the organization
- Ability to work under pressure
- Creative and analytical style
- Must interact extensively with all levels of management, business and IT, and is required to act in a professional and confident manner.
- Management of relationships with vendors and resellers
- Strong customer service skills to deliver quality results in a demanding environment
- Self-motivator, possessing a high sense of urgency and a high level of integrity.
- Professional experience with Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Professional experience with Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Professional experience with Microsoft System Center Orchestrator
- Professional experience with Microsoft Remote Desktop Service (RDS) and / or Citrix XenApp
- Knowledge of SAN technologies (EMC preferably)
- Knowledge of backup technologies