Provide first and second line technical support to internal staff in the New York office and act as a global back-up support desk for sixteen other offices. This position provides phone support for 3000 users globally and desk side support for 1400+ users in New York. The candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of problems, ranging from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries.
- Receive, log and manage calls from internal staff via telephone and email.
- Provide expert applications support utilizing advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, mobile devices (iOS & Android), iManage (Document Management Database), Zoom and all other Firm wide applications.
- Provide expert desktop hardware, printer, remote access systems and mobile device support.
- Provide intermediate over-the-phone training in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other applications used by the Firm.
- Take ownership of users’ problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all Help Desk processes and procedures.
- Escalate unresolved calls to 3rd level support teams.
- Assist with building the User Support Knowledgebase by gathering information and publishing support documentation.
- Support and monitor NY LAN and WAN systems.
- Contribute to and participate in the Problem Management process.
- Provide timely and accurate assistance with Quality Assurance projects.
- Participate in all firm-wide IT initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of previous IT Service Desk and/or Call Center experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years in desktop applications support experience within a professional services environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based systems with emphasis on Windows 10, Office Suite (Office 365 preferred) and document management systems (iManage, PC Docs).
- Strong knowledge of Lenovo hardware, iPad, iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Mobile Iron, and HP printers.
- Knowledge of Active Directory (reset password, unlock account).
- An ITIL qualification is preferred.
- MCP certification preferred.
- Experience working with employees at all levels including senior management.
- Customer service focused with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively document in detail, events pertaining to open issues.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to foster creativity through camaraderie and fuel teamwork with the right resources.
- Knowledge of Audio Video technology (Cisco & Poly systems, Zoom, MS Teams, etc) preferred but not required.