Seeking an experienced communications professional to support the Director of Communications in the development and implementation of a broad range of communications, promotional content, social network management, and public/media relations.
The candidate will have strong writing, project management and leadership skills and be comfortable working with all levels of the organization. This position can be based in any of our offices.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Develop and execute annual media relations plans to raise the profile of the firm, its attorneys, and select sector and practice groups.
- Secure media interviews and place articles to generate positive coverage for the firm.
- Create media materials such as press releases.
- Shape the firm’s responses to ad-hoc media opportunities, ensuring message consistency.
- Provide support to leadership in managing issues and crises affecting the firm, acting as media spokesperson as necessary.
- Provide direction to PR agencies provide constructive feedback for continuous improvement.
- Manage firm-owned social media properties and content thereon.
- Prepare firm spokespersons for media interviews.
- Provides a program of social media training for attorneys.
- Proactively manages the activities of the firm’s PR agency(ies)
- Measure the impact of the public relations for continuous improvement.
- Oversee the firm’s submissions for rankings/honors programs.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and take ownership of projects, manage them effectively and handle multiple complex projects and competing initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent sense of team and willingness to pitch in and help others; ability to lead effectively in a team-oriented service environment.
- Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written, with a keen ability to capture, distill and accurately describe legal services.
- Excellent proofreading skills and ability to pay close attention to detail and accuracy are required.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative and work independently; leads and sets an example and has good judgment.
- A strong client service ethic and the ability to react quickly and respond to shifting priorities and requests from lawyers and leadership at all levels required.
- Capable of staying productive and accurate under pressure with tight deadlines (a sense of humor helps, too).
- Advanced understanding of technology industries (software, mobile, life sciences, etc.) and the legal services of all practice. groups; known as an expert on PR and communications strategy
- Proficiency with Excel and other MS Office Products (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook); advanced research skills are required.
- Presentation skills with the ability to plan, develop and deliver a thoughtful and substantive presentation; ability to coach team members in presentation skills development.
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to proactively provide solutions in order to circumvent anticipated problems.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate is required.
Reporting to the Senior Public Relations Manager, the qualified candidate will have 7+ years of public relations experience required; professional services experience preferred. Agency experience or experience working in a law firm strongly preferred. Experience negotiating contracts is required. Preferred experience producing submissions for Chambers, Legal 500 and other lists and awards. Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.