We're looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join a new Features team. This cross-functional team is responsible for developing end user customer experiences, making sure they function as designed, and are delivered on time.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What you’ll do
What you’ll bring
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Write Python code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Implement new technologies to solve technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
- Typically, 7+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Experienced in of one of the following languages: Python
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience