This position will report to the SQL Engineer. This applicant should have strong communication skills, be detail orientated and able to perform basic daily tasks with minimal supervision. This position will be primary contact for troubleshooting, maintenance and daily oversight of all production databases.
- Day-to-day data administration of SQL Server in a clustered environment.
- Document installation, configuration, and optimization procedures.
- Ensure databases are backed up.
- Monitor reports and daily emails on jobs and error logs.
- Create reports using SSRS for departmental needs.
- Monitor and resolve issues with daily ETL loads.
- Monitor and resolve issues with Data Warehouse loads.
- Plan and implement SQL server upgrades.
- Handle ServiceNow tickets pertaining to database and 3rd party applications
- In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
Education and/or Experience
- Experience running query analysis, performance tuning, and maintenance routines.
- Experience with creating and maintaining store procedures.
- Experience with SSRS report development. Power BI or Pyramid Analytics a plus.
- Experience Data integrations, ETL using SSIS, BCP and TSQL procedures.
- Experience with database clustering (PCI and Always on Availability Groups)
- Powershell scripting experience.
- Familiar with basic Windows administration.
- Familiarity with Elite 3E and Intapp products a plus.
- Experience migrating or working in a cloud or virtual environment is a plus but not required.
- Coding experience is a plus but not required.
- 5+ years of experience with database management and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Microsoft certification a plus.