We have an opening in our Human Resources Department for a Senior Payroll Analyst who will be responsible for processing payroll for approximately 1,000 employees and partners within the US. This role is responsible for the systematic in-house processing of Workday payroll, along with supporting reporting needs for all payroll time and attendance, wages, deductions, and taxes. This position can be based in any of our Bay Area offices.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Perform payroll-related functions including but not limited to payroll processing, audits, and record maintenance
- Process bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly multi-state payroll under tight deadlines
- Communicate garnishments and tax levy details when needed
- Prepare off-cycle payrolls and manual checks as necessary
- Work closely with Workday and HR team to ensure payroll processing is completed accurately and timely
- Support and/or assist with payroll-related account reconciliations and activities
- Provide guidance to employees accessing Workday, and respond to employee payroll inquiries
- Support and/or assist with annual reporting and audits
- Assist with or take ownership of payroll related special projects as required
- Generate regular and ad hoc payroll reports as needed.
- Proficient knowledge and comprehension of US Payroll Rules and Regulations
- Experience with audit procedures, tax and accounting practices and human resources is preferred
- Efficient use of technology in audit processes, including use of Excel with filter, sort, formula, and pivot table use
- Must be accurate, detailed oriented, and able to work quickly with a sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize duties, meet deadlines, and function as a team member to accomplish job function
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High standard of customer service to contacts both within and outside the firm
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
Reporting to the Senior HR Systems Manager, the qualified candidate will have 5+ years of recent hands-on US payroll experience. 3+ years of Workday Payroll and Time Tracking experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) preferred but, not required.