This position is part of a 5-person engineering team and is responsible for the daily operation and administration of a Windows based computing environment. This position is also responsible for capacity planning and management, and the planning and engineering of technology solutions to meet new or emerging business needs.
Must have a proven track record of success at managing multiple priorities and delivering quality results within allotted timeframes. Must be an effective team player, have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be a creative problem solver with a "can do" attitude who is able to consider alternative solutions when time or other resources are constrained.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in providing technical team leadership for enterprise-level projects
- Strong technical and organizational skills.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server administration and operations, and excellent understanding of mail flow. Must have experience supporting a large exchange server environment, 1000+ mailboxes.
- Advanced Knowledge of Citrix environments, DELL & Nimble SAN's, Cisco switches.
- Experience building and maintaining a virtual server environment using, Microsoft Hyper-V or Citrix XenServer.
- Must feel 100% comfortable building VMs, managing Virtual Servers, adding storage and monitoring & supporting the virtual environment.
- Experience building and supporting Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop farms highly preferred.
- Experience building and supporting Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms such as Maas360.
- Expert knowledge of networking concepts such as DHCP, DNS, IP Schemes and IP Routing is REQUIRED.
- Knowledge of Veritas Backup Exec and archiving solutions such as Enterprise Vault is preferred but not required.
- Must be versatile, flexible, and eager to learn new products, technologies and methodologies to support the firm's current and anticipated technology needs.
- 5 or more years senior-level IT experience and BS degree in a technical discipline required. MS degree a strong plus.
- Define and architect disaster recovery, contingency planning, colocation, managed services and cloud computing environments. This entails collecting requirements and developing a plan to address the firm's current and future needs.
- Make recommendations to improve security, stability and systems performance when deficiencies are identified.
- Participate in facility relocations as they pertain to IT infrastructure requirements.
- Provide operational support, engineering, architecture, and policy definition (standardization, configuration, and security consideration) of core network equipment and Active Directory.
- Proactively monitor, analyze and report network & server conditions including WAN/LAN connectivity, performance, change management, outages, security issues and related tasks.
- Create and maintain network documentation.
- Provide after hours and weekend support for upgrades, scheduled downtimes and preventative maintenance.
- Provide rotational after hours level 3 on-call support.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Assist our internal Information Security function as needed related to AD Security / Cleanup, SOC alert investigations etc…
- Knowledge of Varonis Data Classification software is preferable but not required.
- ISO 27001 Certification process knowledge is also preferable but not required.