This Communications Specialist is an experienced and passionate curator of social media who will manage the brand, raising its visibility across a full suite of social media channels. The Specialist is responsible for daily social content creation, optimization and community engagement via Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram accounts. The Specialist is deeply knowledgeable about corporate and B2B social and digital media and is a naturally curious, collaborative individual with a knack for writing creative copy, and of course – a savvy networker who builds productive working relationships with lawyers and staff across our global firm.
What you'll do
Who you are
- Execute on content campaigns to drive engagement with clients, prospective clients, and recruits across the firm’s social media channels; create and manage content for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Actively engage followers through retweeting and sharing posts; monitor conversations and respond to incoming requests/comments; live tweet from firm and client events. Prospect for opportunities to recognize client and peer accomplishments and wins, and provide kudos through social media.
- Gather and analyze metrics on the firm’s social media KPIs and competitive landscape; proactively provide recommendations to Comms leaders for enhancement.
- Provide tailored advice on social media best practices; present on social media strategy, execution and analytics at various internal meetings.
- Provide training to firm attorneys and professionals on maximizing their social media presence and leveraging thought leadership content.
- In collaboration with business development and other teams, create and deploy innovative social media campaigns; liaise with the creative team to design infographics and images to complement social media posts
- Partner with team members on creation and dissemination of website news stories, daily media coverage report and media mentions database. Draft posts to accompany media clips.
- Keep abreast of social media industry trends, tools and regulations – both ABA compliance and ethical behavior on social media channels.
- Excellent writing, editing and data analytics skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven research and information-gathering skills; ability to create engaging social media posts on a broad range of complex topics.
- Ability and willingness to build strong relationships and collaborate across global marketing and business development teams and to navigate across a matrixed organization.
- Experience in project management and process implementation skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media management platforms such as Hootsuite.
- 4+ years of corporate digital and social media experience (preferably in the legal/professional services sector)
- BA, BS or equivalent.
- Occasional travel to other firm offices and events as needed