Provide support for all service requests that come to the Support Center via phone, email and walk-ins. These include applications, administering of software and handling of special projects.
Assignment, Review and Approval of Work
- Provide 2nd level support to end-users.
- Answer questions, provide phone-based training on higher-level functionality, and troubleshoot technology problems for users.
- Escalate unresolved problems to 3rd level Support Center Analyst(s), Hardware Technician(s) and/or Administrator(s) where appropriate.
- Follow up on escalated issues with the appropriate IS employee and the technology end-user.
- Participate in the maintenance of call tracking application, Changegear.
- Enter service/incident tickets in at the time of call.
- Indicate resolution technique in the Details of each ticket.
- Update the status of unresolved incident tickets with most current information.
- Route tickets to appropriate parties according to Support Center Policy.
- Contact end-user when call is “resolved” by other IS groups to ensure an accepted resolution and closure of the ticket.
- System administrative and Hardware abilities to exercise on office rotations
- Monitor open tickets that you have routed, assist when possible, close when appropriate.
- Cooperatively Troubleshoot escalated issues
- Disseminate new information to Support Center Team Members
- Provide training and orientation to new Support Center Team members.
- Participate in special projects, and/or act as 'point person' or ‘liaison’ where approved by Support Center Management. Including, but not limited to, testing of new and/or updated templates and macros and reporting findings to appropriate IT group in order to ensure stability prior to firm-wide release.
- Monitor incoming email requests from end-users
- Release emails from Mimecast filters
- Monitor Voicemail
Work direction is given from the supervisor, either verbally or in written form, i.e., email, conversation, documented. Work assignments will be reviewed in progress or when completed by supervisor.
Responsibility and Decision-Making Authority
Training and Experience
- On the spot decisions while assisting customers on the phone.
- Determine service/incident severity and customer’s level of urgency.
- Know when to escalate issues to 3rd level Support Center staff, and when to contact/escalate to support staff outside of the Support Center.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- A minimum of 2 years experience in IT Support Services, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including appropriate telephone manners.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook at a highly proficient level is required.
- Ability to work effectively with all organizational levels individually and as part of a team and to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to remain calm in pressure situations, adapt quickly to change and deal with stress associated with a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to take the lead on projects and problems when requested or as appropriate and to make judgment decisions and use initiative to anticipate end-user needs.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations and grasp and apply new ideas quickly.
Applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Visio 2016, Microsoft Outlook 2016, ChangePro, Litera Metadact, Best Authority, InTapp Time Entry, Easylink, Adobe Acrobat, iManage Filesite, Innova Numbering Suite, Interaction, Active Directory.
Active listening, tone and professional demeanor with end-users. Professional demeanor with other members of IS staff.
Articulate clearly, with empathy when needed while managing expectations. Ability to de-escalate or mitigate anxious end-users. Concise writing skills.